Friday, December 30, 2011

Back home

So I'm sitting at the Starbucks in the Clairemont square, and I can't help but think how many times in my life I've walked into this place!
Let's just keep it at too many!

As I was driving up Balboa and saw the side of my high school the memories started flowing. And as I was sitting in the intersection of Clairermont Dr and Balboa I couldn't help but take a big breath in and sigh..... "this is home"!

As I drove toward the clairemont square I couldn't help but think of the countless of times I ran on that road, the same street that took me to school, and back home again. Looked up at the apartments I lived in and remembered all the friends that I made just by living in that place!

When I think about my life I and I think of home.... I think of Clairemont.
No, I wasn't born here, no I wasn't raised here since I was a baby, but Clairemont is where I grew up, and thus is home.
I know my life is gonna take me to many places, specially considering my latest decisions, but I know I will always feel at home in Clairemont... As long as it's not changed too much.

This place is where I met my 1st friend in SD ... Jennifer, where I went on my 1st date, Where I met my best friend Coco, where I went to Middle school and high school, where i ran, where i got saved, where i met my husband (twice) and where i learned to dream!

Clairemont may be just another part if SD for you, but to me.... This little place is home.
:)

Just thought I'd share my thoughts with you all today!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Clairemont is pretty cool! I feel the same way about it ;)

    ReplyDelete