Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Holding on

Have you ever felt like life is dependent on what your boss says. Or on what house you live in next, or maybe its dependent on that next check you'll get, or on your job, or a sudden letter you've received.

Have you ever felt, like you're not in control?

Its during these times, when everything seems to be going wrong that I'm reminded of when I was younger.
I remember laying in my cousin's bed, telling my lil sis not to worry, that it'd all be ok. I remember waiting till she fell asleep to turn around, face the wall and cry myself quietly to sleep. I remember feeling vulnerable.

That's kinda how I've been feeling lately.
But, I know that's just a feeling.... I know better, Now I know better.
I know that regardless of what DOES happen in the end, that I'll be ok.
I have given my whole life to God, meaning He leads now. Meaning that I trust my everything to God, knowing He'll see me through it all.

And even if things don't go the way I want, or hope, God is still God.

I've learned that through out.
Life has been pretty good so far, I guess its time to feel like a child again.... its that vulnerability that makes us hold on tighter to the ones we love.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture you painted Eva. We do feel vulnerable like children, putting on a brave face. But now, thankfully, we have learned that it doesn't just have to be a face that we can put on, but faith. We've learned that we can make it, we will make it, that God has a plan, that no matter how many times we fall, we can always get up again....I think you have not only a good life now, but an amazing future in front of you, and God knows just how you'll get there! :)

    ReplyDelete